As a Business Data Steward you are responsible for the definitions, quality, use and control of the data and data warehouses assigned to you as steward. The correct use of data and how Rabobank manages that data is becoming more and more important to determine the actual financial figures which Rabobank as an organisation steers the business and reports to the regulators.
To comply with the requirements from the regulators and internal stakeholders we need to improve our data storage and management practices. A key role in creating a more mature data warehouse and data management organisation is the Business Data Steward.
Within the Finance & Risk domain the Data and Reporting Center (DRC) is the financial data platform of Rabobank. Surrounded by energized and experienced colleagues, you as a Business Data Steward will tackle various data related challenges. On top of that you will work on global and cross functional innovation projects to improve different kinds of processes and systems.
Additionally, this role offers you the opportunity to partner and liaise with Risk Management, IT and Finance. We strongly believe that working in multidisciplinary teams will lead to the best results.
Recent market developments and increasing regulatory requirements make this a very exciting and challenging job for a strong team player who is interested in an international and continuously changing environment.
As a Business Data Steward you are assigned to several systems and/or projects within the domain Finance & Risk Center and perform data analyses within those systems/projects. You are responsible for correct data management processes, are aware of the manual adjustments within these processes, the risks that these bring and the controls to mitigate these risks.
The Business Data Steward is responsible for the following Finance & Risk Data area:
- Run and change of all applicable data warehouses in conjunction with the IT department
- Become familiar and effectively manage the different stakeholders for the data (data producers, data consumers, IT, etc.)
- Monitor the data quality of at least the Critical Data Elements and if issues occur manage them accordingly
- Participate in several data related projects and become a subject matter expert for all data related questions
- Perform a data risk assessment and monitor the agreements (e.g. DDA) made within this assessment to prevent data quality issues
- Be aware of risks within the data delivery chain (for example: manual adjustments) and mitigate these risks with appropriate controls
- Report on issues with data definitions and data quality
- You preferable hold a Master degree with a focus on Finance or Economics and keen interest in Data Infrastructure and business analyses
- You have a genuine interest in IT related systems and processes
- You have experience with Business Objects and SQL
- Experience with Wolters Kluwer OneSumX report generator is an advantage
- You have a genuine interest in Agile/LEAN
Your soft skills
- You are analytical and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You are client focus and can work together excellent
- You are continuously improving effectiveness of your work and personal impact
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and in English.